Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Abstract Fragmentation

Fragmented video samples ... (Vj project)

I Started with the idea of producing some short abstract animations, which developed into the research of music videos.
From the research on different varieties of music video I came across a company called Preamptive, who are responsible
for handing out abstract looking music videos to bars, I followed them up and this is where i found out about VJ's...
These are people who mix video footage and then project them live at clubs, also record them and send them out.
I would like to now achieve a series of short animations for different genres of music, I will mix selected video and image style for each different genre of music. The second stage will be to combine short clips of music samples from different genres then produce even more abstract looking visuals to match ...


Fragmented Light ...

This Idea was developed early on in the Abstract project, I visited a fair ground and was looking for images for the possible animations I was thinking of creating. The results came out really well which became a new idea on it's own ... I decided to take a number of photo's based around the shadows and light emitted over different surfaces, for example street lights and traffic. I will then combine the images, using different methods and media's to produce a series of collages of fragmented light ...


Fragmented self Portrait ... (interactive self portrait)

Based on some research of Jim Sweet surrealist work, I found a few portrait I really liked the style of, you can follow the depth of the picture for ages. I thought it would be really interesting to adopt this style and try and produce an interactive self portrait. With the style it will be produced in there will be lots of links to hidden images about myself under the skin, all illustrations, making it an interactive illustration of me ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home